Boutique Workers’ Compensation Defense firm in Downtown Chicago is looking for an associate with at roughly 3 or more years experience practicing in the field of workers’ compensation or insurance defense. Must have a working comprehension of the claims filing process, strong verbal/writing skills, be motivated, organized and hard working. We provide competitive Salary and Benefits.
– Gathering medical evidence/ records
– Taking Depositions of the claimant, physicians, medical experts, and other parties
– conducting discovery
– remaining current with developments in the law
– Drafting pleading, findings of fact, motions, briefs, opinions, and other legal documents
– Litigating cases before a judge
– Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills
-Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
-Adaptability and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bar (Required)
Work Location: One location