Responsible for oversight of gym operations to ensure positive member experience and a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise staff.
- Member service oversight making sure all staff is providing a great customer experience at all times.
- Very involved in all front desk related tasks
- Great/meet potential members and provide gym tour
- Facilitate member service issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and appearance of gym including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily
- Process weekly employee payroll
- Manage marketing efforts. Making sure staff is aware and trained on all the sent out marketing
- Authorizes expenditures and makes bank deposits daily
- Prepare all new hire forms and send to appropriate regional manager
- Backup support for any employee who is out due to illness, etc.
Essential Behavior Requirements
- Customer Service: communicates and interacts with customers (includes coworkers and the public) in a way that exceeds the customers wants and needs.
- Listening: actively listens to customers (includes coworkers and the public) empathizes (sees the situation from the customers perspective) and works together to solve the problem.
- Problem Solving: recognizes and defines problems; analyzes relevant information; encourages alternative solutions and plans to resolve situations; seeks additional assistance when needed.
- Diplomacy: demonstrates tact and skill in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High school diploma
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- Standing and walking at least 75% of the shift
- Talking in person or on the phone at least 75% of the shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs less than 30% of the time