Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI
- Develop and implement internal and external communications; and proactively identify and implement marketing strategies.
- Based on awareness and understanding of NGA mission and operations tempo, identify and contact potential users and user groups.
- Analyze customer needs; make appropriate recommendations for message/information development, communication method selection, and timing of messages.
- Tailor messages by target audience.
- Research, write, edit, and publish communications products (e.g., print, web, electronic, briefings).
- Provide direction to graphic designers, briefing developers, photographers, illustrators and other required staff.
- Prepare material for publication and other media both internally and externally.
- Manage and monitor production schedules.
- Develop new communication methods to reach target audiences.
- Support NGA senior leaders by writing speeches, talking points, video scripts, briefings, and other communications products (e.g., emails, articles).
- Provide monthly and weekly activity reports summarizing project accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, advertising, or journalism (or equivalent)
- 8+ years of directly related work experience, including media relations
- At least 12 months demonstrated experience planning and implementing all facets of events and functions for senior personnel involving foreign dignitaries, diplomats, foreign military personnel, and legislative and government officials
- At least 12 months demonstrated experience communicating with audiences of diverse backgrounds
- At least 12 months demonstrated experience in project management, including identifying needs, timelines, and tasks to support requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as creativity and the ability to meet deadlines
- Exemplary professional attitude and demonstrated ability in exercising tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and customer service and support, as well as the ability to interface effectively with a variety of people
- Position requires strong knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as the ability to exercise good judgment to appropriately handle confidential issues .
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.