The General Council on Finance and Administration
IT Operations Manager
The General Council on Finance and Administration is presently seeking candidates for an addition to the Information Technology Services team in the position of IT Operations Manager. Responsible for leading and managing the System and Network Engineering/Consulting teams as well as managing internal and external customer IT projects. Must be a problem solver and be capable of motivating and providing technical mentorship to team members. Must have experience with current project management processes and methodologies. Must be able to communicate effectively with constituents to include direct reports, peers, senior leadership, and external customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise, and evaluate infrastructure, systems, and network engineering/consulting staff. Develop training programs and materials to foster excellence and repeatability when delivering services to customers. Develop and deliver key performance indicators and other analytics to senior leadership as needed to evaluate the performance of the department.
- Manage projects for internal and external customers to achieve timeframe and budget goals. Lead regular project update meetings between project team and customers to communicate status and to clear up any blockers.
- Build trusted-partner relationship with GCFA and customer stakeholders. Develop and schedule asset management and SLA performance reports to customer technical contacts. Review customer agreements and current environments on a regular basis to ensure that they are current and appropriate for the needs of the customer.
- In coordination with senior leadership, review and recommend improvements to internal processes with a goal of increasing automation and improving customer satisfaction.
- Develop DR testing procedural documentation and lead annual disaster recovery testing.
- Develop software asset management policies and perform annual licensing reviews.
- Lead the change advisory board and related meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in the field of Information Technology, Management or work equivalent required.
- Experienced and effective knowledge of current information systems.
- 7-10 years progressive experience in the IT field. Previous experience managing a team is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to evaluate critical systems, prioritize work, and determine solutions.
Closing Date: when position is filled.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms