Our Pathology Department has an outstanding opportunity forLaboratory Helper!
UW Medicine Pathology provides clinical services in all areas of pathology, providing diagnostic procedures and analysis for more than 80,000 cases a year. We provide comprehensive diagnostic and personalized consultative services to physicians, community hospitals, independent laboratories and other health-care organizations, by combining sophisticated testing and informatics capabilities of fully accredited laboratories with the resources of an academic and teaching institution in its delivery of pathology services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately sort, organize and scan slides daily
- Accurately deliver slides and blocks to appropriate destination daily
- Accurately file blocks and slides daily
- Accurately prepare laboratory reagents and solution as needed
- Maintain equipment following quality standard. Report concerns to leaders if needed
- Discard waste reagents and follow spill procedures safely.
- Perform data entry of laboratory metrics and records
- Received, unpack and put away supplies as needed
- Wash dirty glass wares, perform residue testing and put away after glassware as needed.
- Sort, organize and file patient service records. Follow discard of records as scheduled
- Monitor oven temperatures and record actions as applicable to quality measures set by the cap standards.
- Answer telephone calls professionally and triage calls if necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of laboratory
- Able to work an early shift starting between 4am and 5am Monday-Friday
- Able to stand for majority of the shift. Lots of walking throughout the shift
- Able to work around different counter heights
- Able to accommodate flexible hours and schedule
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.